Pandemic effects on education:
The pandemic has had its greatest impact on the education industry. The lockdown forced the educational institutions to adapt to the new normal of having classes and training sessions online. Exposure of students to different ancillary subjects and fields of study has been a catalyst for opening different areas of studies and career opportunities. According to WEF, 1.2 billion students around the world were learning outside their campus in the year 2020. Online education has not only impacted the students, but also the management of the educational institutions. The management team was burdened with the task of maintaining the progress, course material, attendance record and other student-related records to analyze and overview the progress.
Why do we need to migrate the education system online?
Owing to the pandemic, while all the classes are happening online, the other tasks like maintaining records of the students and their progress also have to be tracked. It is a tedious process to track the attendance, admission process and their progress manually.
- To begin with, the online admission process helps eliminate the need for multiple trips by the students to the campus. It also helps students from different geographic locations to avail quality learning experiences.
- Smartphones are the need of the hour. People who cannot afford a laptop, turn to smartphones that are relatively economical. Thus, an online learning app that helps the students learn and understand their course material is necessary.
- While studying happens online, the test of the students’ knowledge must also be conducted online. The advantages of conducting online exams are easy reporting of the exam results and centralized storage of the progress reports.
- Day to day activities of the institution can be easily tracked using an integrated online ERP.
- Training faculty and administrators must migrate to online ERP for a simpler way of data storage.
The prolonged pandemic demands for a robust ERP (enterprise resource planning software) to manage and store data in a single cloud management system.
ERP and its uses:
An Online Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP) is a software solution that helps manage the reports, resources, data and other things using cloud-based technology. Online educational ERP is used specifically for educational institutions to help their students learn, evaluate and track their progress. Most educational ERP is integrated with an online learning platform that helps the students to learn on the go. An education ERP can be used to store and track the attendance of the teachers and students. Their hybrid dashboard provides insights into students’ performance and attendance. The online ERP can also be used as a data repository that can be accessed by the student whenever they need it. In short, a modern robust educational ERP saves time for the faculty and the management by providing data and insights in one click. It helps the storage of data in a centralized cloud-based platform.
CAMU – online education ERP:
CAMU provides advanced ERP software tools with a user interface that can work even on low bandwidths. The students from remote areas can access the application hassle-free.
Following are the key features of CAMU
- Advanced yet user-friendly UI and UX
- Highly interactive dashboard
- Separate students and staff dashboard
- In-built tracking and analyses based on various options like grades, attendance to name a few
- Mobile App
- Works on Low Bandwidth